Monday 18 April 2011

New Kid on the Block.

Shooting of the first episode Pilot is about to begin on The New Kid, directed with a story by Jstaarz for Frontier Entertainment and executive produced by me. I am excited to be a part of this project and wish him luck in creating a pamphlet of a down to earth teenage and young adult drama. It's something I wanted to do ever since I left Pulp Theatre. I play a supporting character called Kellerman/Killerman, I went on to revise some of the scenes, but the director said it was not really necessary and kept it simple. The scene I am doing that I re-written in draft 2, is where you see me for the first time and of course our protagonist of the Pilot. I wanted to give more tension between my character plus the main character in their interactions, so it provided leeway for this guy that I play to be perhaps untrustworthy but it was dropped and can only do what the director says and can't really intrude on someone else's work. Sometimes your own flip side on things doesn't work, even though you believe your ideas are sound. Of course, I know what I would do but its not the vision a director may relieve so you have to lay low.

Well, that's it for today, I will reveal the actor who is playing The New Kid some other time and by then I should have stills of the Pilot and maybe an interview with the man himself. Stay tuned for more details about the show. By the end of this week, I have another post coming soon that I am talking about the process of upcoming comic book miniseries Nemesis the Hunter's Mark and maybe post up a teaser poster, synopsis for issue 2, a press release of interview, a little more thorough details of the small transition from Nemesis Dawn of a Legend and this new series and many more information. At the moment, I am pretty occupied with my other project with my own short film and got a meeting arranged to discuss the production of Hardest to Survive. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of Easter and the hot weather. Kbon Reviews has been on lock down for awhile but he will review the latest films and music very soon.


Take Care,



- Written by Andre Farquharson





No comments:

Post a Comment