Wednesday 18 January 2012

Director's Cut: Hardest to Survive part 6.



This is now my sixth entry of my Director's Cut post for Hardest to Survive, I would like to say that all hope is not lost. Admittedly, this project has been through a lot, so it is safe by saying I will most likely be raising some of the money funding myself but I will not be alone. I have in fact pitched this short film to Live Ultd and I am discussing this situation with them, serious re-casting will have to be made but not a lot. Most of my actors are now busy including myself so I'm taking a backwards step as I'm mostly caught up with both my recording for music for my Mix-tape "Breakin' Da Rules" and EP "Rule's Broken" plus my comic book project and education is on my top priority list. Including being an Script Editor and Executive Producer for Matt's upcoming spy-drama online series. Not to worry though, I can multitask, which is not a problem as evident with finishing the storyboards for the Killer Heels film I am involved in which should be ready to film pretty soon.

It's just at this moment in time, it is a bit stuck but will not stay on the pedestal for long, battling with investors to bring about good films is tough. I feel highly underminded due to my young age but I'm going to give the "grown ups" a run for their money. The problem is, which I had with Artefacts Edutainment and most of these organizations is they don't want to see many young people like myself do commercial films that do not help the community and they are "stingy" with their money because they don't believe it's going to show much of an impact to others. They want us to do films that show more of a social endeavour for people and because mine is more "in-between", an entertaining short film with a message behind it this is regarded as not eligible. Truth is they are not willing to take risks, period. I refuse to make films with any enterprise that only fits their perspective of what my film is about then remove the essence out of it, which makes it "shocking", end of.



I will keep you in the loop,






- Written by Andre Farquharson

No comments:

Post a Comment