Wednesday 30 March 2011

Director's Cut: Hardest to Survive part 3


Everyone, I'm glad you all came back to present to you more news about Hardest to Survive, but first I got some bad news and good news. I will first give you the bad one. Okay, the bad news is that two clips I was supposed to shoot on the 12th and 13th March this year was cancelled due to complications with the actors, time constraints and sechedule. One of the actors in the shoot had an emergency and had to leave quietly off set to sort the problem out, which is at the hospital. I just hope the person there is okay, the other problem is due to lost footage of one clip that is long overdue which is Artefacts Edutainment's fault who lost it during edits, which is the reason I totally cut ties with them. This means I had to support footage, which they have lost by doing at least two days of shooting back to back in two scenes at various locations. If things can't get any worse, the actor who is playing Nate (Richard O'keffe) has got a busy schedule due to exams but I am in talks with him this weekend so that I can make a final decisison on his stay.


The good news, I'm having a meeting with a business advisor this Friday 1st April and I will sign papers for applications for First Light Young Filmmakers among other documents to secure budgeting of the film. I am already in negotiatians with a Director friend Enrico Tessarin about providing me with a Producer. If this goes right, I should be able to start Principal Photography in April/May. I need to sort out a Production Schedule and what the budget is going towards and I have slowly grasped different extras who should be around for this film. I got a casting director searching for a potential actor who can play one of Malachi's henchmen who plays a key part in the film and he is searching for people that can play basketball players seen at the very start of the movie. So, the film is still moving steadily, I did not get to shoot at the specific time I wanted to shoot but I am sure I can get it sorted either way. Make sure you support Hardest to Survive on the Facebook pages with this link it is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardest-to-Survive-Short-Film, and the clips that I have done so far, the first one and the extended clip are both still available on my account http://http//www.youtube.com/user/89kbon.


Follow me on my blog, over this page for those of you who have come to this site for the first time, for twitter its http://www.twitter.com/lildre_cains and I have more news in store for you about the comic later on this week. The website will be released in the afternoon on Thursday 31st March 2011 so make sure you have a look at that. Otherwise check out the story of Nemesis the Hunter's Mark and the pages that have been pencilled by Julio Falkenhagen and inked by myself. The 5 preview pages lettered by Rommel Fabian and coloured by Kieron Boothe, although busy as he is, will be coming soon. You can view all of these pages on this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nemesis-the-Hunters-Mark-Comic.



Take care for now,




- Written by Andre Farquharson

No comments:

Post a Comment