Saturday 9 July 2011

Actress playing Maria revealed!!!

I'm back everyone, here to present another news reel on the animation trailer. The actress who is playing Maria Francisco; ex-girlfriend of Henry Jackson is Alana Maria, she really captured what I needed of her character's personality. A young woman whose independent, passionate and not afraid to get dirty when she needs to. Alana, from Detroit, is a great addition to the cast and when I discussed the role with her in less than a month ago I loved her energy and playfulness in our conversation. I got in touch with just a meeting and phone call then all of a sudden, Alana was brought right to me through an exchange of number then I was talking with her via long distances across the Atlantic.

She owned the Puerto Rican/New York accent in it's entirety or "Spanglish", all I asked was for her to record her voice into a device and send it over to me via e-mail. In my audition, I was thinking more of her approach to be Dania Ramirez (Illegal Tender, X-Men: The Last Stand, Heroes) but she thought Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez as ideal influences, I said "More Rosie Perez less J-Lo" and she was off. Alana sent me three variations of her vocals and I went through them and it was great, it sold well.

My editor is reformatting the fourth draft of the script from Cameron Austin and myself, from my conversation with her last Wednesday it sounds great and is what I think is the one. I can't wait to see it, once I see this its down to work. I'm going to take what I can get from it then its down to storyboards and the recording booth. Production should kick in within a few months, I have been told about a young animator who has done work for companies in the UK. I have looked at his work and it shows promise, I will probably try and get an interview with him for Ezee Media. Look out for the teaser trailer very soon, it's coming your way. I will see if I can get into contact with Patrick McDonough as well, but he's very busy.


Have a good summer,



- Written by Andre Farquharson

No comments:

Post a Comment